Co-Artistic Directors Renée Jaworski and Matt Kent
PROGRAM– Running time 115 minutes, including intermission
Come to your senses
“Eye Opening” (2018)
“Warp & Weft” (2018)
Pilobolus’s Come to your senses is a multisensory experience, featuring live performances of onstage Pilobolus works alongside transmedia digital creations. In this brand new repertory show, we invite audiences to come back to their senses …and explore the connection between the human body and the analog world around us.
Astounding transformations. Mesmerizing movement. Named after a sun-loving fungus, Pilobolus is renowned for blending humor with piercing imagery. After a 7-year absence, Pilobolus returns with a thrilling new program, Come to your senses, that showcases their remarkable shape shifting performers who are as much super athletes as dancers.
Interested in taking class with Pilobolus? Click here for more information on their masterclass at BodyVox Dance Center on October 6th. Reservation required.
SPONSORED BY: KEN & ANN EDWARDS
- •Seeking to fulfill a physical education requirement, founders Moses Pendelton, Jonathan Wolken, and Steve Johnson enrolled in a dance composition class together taught by Alison Becker Chase. It was the frightening experience of being in front of a room, dancing, that inspired them to build a dance where they “clung” to one another for moral support.
- Pilobolus was the title of the very first dance created by the founders for this dance composition class.
- Pilobolus crystallinus is actually a light loving fungus. At only 5cm tall, the fungus is known for its ability to propel its spores a surprising 2m and adhering to whatever landing site it finds.
- Not only has Pilobolus had the honor to grace stages around the world, make a debut on Broadway, and appear in notable television programs like the Oprah Winfrey Show
and Late Night with Conan O’ Brien, they’ve even performed at the Oscars in 2007, and the Olympic games.
- Pilobolus has performed in more than 64 countries around the world.
- This summer Pilobolus had their inaugural Five Senses Festival described as a “multi-arts extravaganza” of concerts, local food, yoga, talks, films, and much more that
took place at a farm near their facility in Connecticut.
- Come to your senses is the company’s newest work premiering August 11, 2018 at their brand new Five Senses Festival.