Employment Opportunities with White Bird
WHITE BIRD FINANCE DIRECTOR (posted 10/30/19)
White Bird, Portland, Oregon’s premiere nonprofit contemporary dance presenting organization, seeks a part time Finance Director (4 days per week).
Qualifications include: minimum B.A., 5 years accounting experience preferably in non-profit field, and thorough PC knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel familiarity essential). The Finance Director (FD) will work holistically with the two Co-Founders, Staff and the Board of Directors to maximize both earned and contributed revenue. The FD will develop the annual budget, account for and report all financial activity, analyze financial performance, and identify alternative financial strategies. The FD will be expected to use the budget as the road-map for establishing benchmarks on all revenue-generation initiatives. White Bird operates with an annual operating budget of approximately $1.5 million generated through season subscriptions, ticket sales, grants, and individual gifts.
White Bird seeks an individual proficient in Quickbooks, and with demonstrated ability to:
• maintain comprehensive accounting records
• work closely with independent auditors to ensure financial records accord with standard accounting practices and to prepare final records for submission for annual audit
• process payroll, as well as quarterly and annual payroll tax filings/reports
• process receivables and payables
• prepare and present GAAP compliant financial statements
• prepare daily cash flow reports
--monitor compliance with grant restrictions
• develop and maintain effective internal controls
• prepare cost center based annual budgets
• assist management and board with monitoring and analysis of financial outcomes and development and evaluation of financial strategies.
--oversee Human Resources responsibilities. Ensure that White Bird Employee Handbook is continually updated when necessary.
Additional IT and office management skills a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, vacation and personal/sick days. For further information and to apply, email email@example.com. Qualified applicants should email a comprehensive resume with cover letter and names of 3 references.